Shop Local! - Help save small, independently-owned businesses and keep what makes small towns unique. We truly appreciate your business!
Top Ten Reasons to Shop Local:
1. More money re-circulates in Stoneham when purchases are made in locally owned, independent businesses, rather than national chains. Local businesses purchase more from other local businesses. Even a 10% shift away from national chains can add millions to the local economy and increase jobs.
2. Non-profits receive greater support from locally owned, independent businesses than from national chains; on average 350% more.
3. Customer service is better. Locally owned businesses are closer to the community and can respond faster to needs.
4. Locally owned business owners invest in the community because they are more invested in the community's future than nationally owned box stores.
5. Environmental impact is less if you shop local. It's more energy efficient and reduces the transportation costs of goods. GO GREEN - SHOP LOCAL!
6. Most new jobs are provided by locally owned businesses. The more they thrive, the more hiring they are able to do. Most high schoolers get their first job at a local shop.
7. Locally owned, independent businesses are what make Stoneham Square unique. One-of-a-kind shops make Stoneham a destination for shoppers and attractive to homebuyers.
8. Locally owned, independent businesses encourage more investment in Stoneham. Research shows that entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to settle in communities with unique businesses and character.
9. Public benefits outweigh costs. Locally owned shops require little to no infrastructure investment and more efficiently use existing services than a nationally owned chain store just entering a community. Just look at the Home Depot debacle!
10. Diversity leads to more choices. By not following a national sales plan, local businesses can fit their product to their community's needs and are more flexible.
More reasons to shop local:
1. Local businesses donate goods and services to Stoneham schools. Families recirculate money by shopping these local shops.
2. Taxes paid by local stores support the library and benefit students and the community.
3. Stoneham businesses subsidize local sports through team sponsorships.
4. Profitable businesses have more funds to donate to local clubs and non-profit agencies. They also volunteer more hours.
5. Local businesses donate more to fundraisers that help keep local attractions open and help schools, when they are more profitable.
6. Local businesses underwrite Stoneham Theatre productions and purchase advertising. The theatre brings in revenue from outside Stoneham thus supporting local businesses.
Please help all of your local, independent businesses by thinking of them first.
SHOP SMALL - NOT MALLS and help keep Stoneham in business!
http://www.youtube.com/user/whyindiesmatter Visit this YouTube channel to hear some well-known authors talk about why indies are so important to them and their work. Thanks again for shopping local first!